General Motors says its new fleet telematics solution, OnStar Vehicle Insights, provides fleet managers and drivers the tools and data they need to make the most of their daily operations.
Launched recently, OnStar Vehicle Insights relays real-time vehicle data like vehicle location, driver performance information and more to fleet employees.
Ed Peper, US vice president, General Motors Fleet, says: “We listened to our fleet customers’ feedback and have created a turnkey telematics solution.
“OnStar Vehicle Insights helps simplify the fleet management process, allowing our fleet customers, large and small, to save time and money.”
With OnStar Vehicle Insights, business owners and fleet managers can help maximize their fleet’s operational efficiency through a number of features, such as:
- Vehicle Locator: View the location of all fleet vehicles in real time.
- Vehicle Health: View vehicle mileage, oil life and fuel efficiency, as well as receive preventative service prompts and maintenance notifications.
- Driver Performance: View driver behaviors and trips taken, and receive safety alerts around specific events, like exceeding a specified speed limit.
- Business Insights: View a simplified performance dashboard that aggregates data and presents trends that are helpful for business operation.
OnStar Vehicle Insights can also help maximize fleet productivity by offering fleet drivers a range of tools they can use to help save time, stay organized and more:
- Remote Commands: Lock, unlock and remote start a vehicle from the OnStar Vehicle Insights website instead of waiting on a locksmith.
- Trip Summaries: Maintain and reference trip history in an organized manner.
- Driving Performance: Drivers can view their driving behaviors, like hard-braking events, as well as their driver performance score, so they are aware of any behaviors that need improvement.
OnStar Vehicle Insights is compatible with most 2015 model year and newer Chevrolet, Buick, GMC and Cadillac vehicles1.
At launch, OnStar Vehicle Insights will be $15.99 per vehicle, per month. GM says signing up is scalable for any size business, with no long-term contract required.
Michelle Calloway, head of OnStar Vehicle Insights, GM Global Innovation, says: “This is just the beginning for OnStar Vehicle Insights.
“We plan to expand our service offerings over time, including the addition of mixed fleet compatibility, so even more customers will have the ability to experience the benefits of our telematics solution in the future.”