The Numina Group has launched Pakt, which the company describes as “a fully productized pack and ship automation solution, purpose-built for fulfillment operations”.
Pakt breaks down the financial and operational barriers to entry that have previously existed with end of line automation, reducing pack and ship labor by “70 percent and increasing throughput capacity by over 500 percent”.
In addition, Pakt seamlessly connects with any robotic fulfillment technology, completely unlocking full throughput capacity potential in the modern, e-commerce-driven, warehouse environment.
Cody Upp, vice president, Numina Group, says: “The best measure of success for a fulfillment operation – particularly in a post-pandemic world – is getting goods quickly, accurately, and efficiently picked, packed, and shipped in time to meet customer delivery expectations.”
“The launch of Pakt is based on over 30 years of Numina Group’s warehouse automation expertise in supplying systems that enable businesses to lower labor costs and increase order throughput.”
Pakt is designed for distribution centers (DCs) that have 8 employees or more in their packing and shipping departments. The modular design of the system allows it to scale from 800 to 20,000 cartons and full case parcels a day.
High-touch labor processes increase labor costs, the potential for mistakes, and limit a businesses’ ability to meet daily peak and seasonal demand. Pakt eliminates the bottlenecks and labor that exist after picking, ensuring operations can fulfill orders faster and meet customer delivery expectations.
Upp says: “The name of the game is preventing errors from leaving your DC.
“Our goal is to remove all complexity in designing, implementing, and running the automation for the last 100 feet of fulfillment and distribution centers.”
Pakt’s components are powered by RDS, Numina Group’s warehouse execution and control software and include:
- Scan, Weigh, Vision Audit: Ensures that the right products have been picked into the right shipping container based on weight while capturing an image of the carton content
- Print, Fold, Insertion: Automatically inserts any packing slips, marketing materials or compliance documentation into shipping container using a robotic arm
- Void & Auto-Taping: Rules based, system directed void insertion as well as automatic taping of the shipping container
- Print and Apply: Automatically manifests, prints, and applies labels for shipping, ASN, UCC, packing slips, packing sheets and more
- Shipping Sortation: Automatically sorts shipping containers based on parcel carriers, LTL, FTL and exception designations
Upp adds: “The fact of the matter is there is still a tremendous amount of non-value added labor being incurred in both packing and shipping that should be automated out of the operation.
“At Numina, we intimately understand the importance of improving picking, packing, and shipping productivity and the constraints that exist in the absence of advanced technology.”
Headquartered in Chicago, Numina Group has designed and successfully implemented hundreds of warehouse automation projects in diverse warehouse environments throughout North America.