The Indy Autonomous Challenge (IAC) returns to CES 2023 to push the boundaries of head-to-head autonomous racing and showcase the future of autonomous mobility.
The IAC will have a significant presence throughout CES 2023 with the Autonomous Challenge @ CES at the Las Vegas Motor Speedway on January 7; an exhibit in partnership with the Indiana Economic Development Corporation (IEDC) in the LVCC West Hall booth #3601; a tabletop at CES Unveiled on January 3 and a press conference at CES Media Days on January 4.
The Autonomous Challenge @ CES will take place at the Las Vegas Motor Speedway on Saturday, January 7, featuring nine teams seeking to break autonomous racing world records.
The Rules of the IAC Competition consist of a single elimination tournament with multiple rounds of high speed head-to-head passing matches with AV-21 race cars culminating in a championship round.
All CES attendees are welcome to attend the race event at the Las Vegas Motor Speedway and experience infield festivities with the IAC, including a WatchZone with trackside viewing, concession areas, a DJ and more.
Nine university teams are seeking to compete in the Autonomous Challenge @ CES 2023, including:
- AI Racing Tech – University of Hawai’i (Hawai’i), with University of California, San Diego (California), Carnegie Mellon University (Pennsylvania), and University of California, Berkeley (California)
- Autonomous Tiger Racing – Auburn University (Alabama)
- Black & Gold Racing – Purdue University (Indiana)
- Cavalier Autonomous Racing – University of Virginia (Virginia)
- KAIST – Korea Advanced Institute of Science and Technology (South Korea)
- MIT-PITT-RW – Massachusetts Institute of Technology (Massachusetts), University of Pittsburgh (Pennsylvania), Rochester Institute of Technology (New York), University of Waterloo (Canada)
- PoliMOVE – Politecnico di Milano (Italy), University of Alabama (Alabama)
- TII EuroRacing – University of Modena and Reggio Emilia (Italy), Technology Innovation Institute (United Arab Emirates)
- TUM Autonomous Motorsport – Technische Universität München (Germany)
The race will take place on January 7, 2023, at the Las Vegas Motor Speedway.
At 10 am PST, time trials and elimination rounds will begin. From 1 to 3 pm PST, there will be live broadcasts of semi and final competition rounds.
Roundtrip shuttle transportation will be provided on a first come, first served basis. Shuttles will depart from the LVCC West Hall beginning at 11 am. There is also a rideshare pickup/drop off, as well as parking onsite at the Las Vegas Motor Speedway.
This event is open only to registered CES attendees. For admission to the event and access to infield festivities, attendees will need to present their CES badge.