Japan is known as a hub of automotive markets. The big giants in the automotive industry like Toyota, Honda, Mazda, and Nissan are from Japan. In developing countries, there is a great demand for Japanese as well as Chinese cars because they are fuel efficient.
The main challenge that people face in developing countries is that they don’t find sphere parts of the car and if they find them, they are very expensive. To make cars available in another country, you must translate the user manual of the car into a language that the customer understands.
Professional translation services can be of great help to automotive companies that want to tap into new foreign markets.
Difference Between Japanese and Chinese Automotive Markets
There is no doubt that Japan has a huge automotive industry but you will be surprised to know that the penetration of new energy vehicles in Japan is only 1 percent as compared to 15 percent in China. The statistics showed that NEV sales from 2018 to 2021 were only 4 percent of the total sales in China in 2021.
Thus it shows that Japan is not an enticing market for EV manufacturing. Therefore, the Japanese government is taking interest in EVs sales by providing subsidies to the automotive industry so that they can make EV manufacturing units.
The important thing to note is that cars, whether it is fuel-consumption cars or EVs, are not manufactured in a single country.
Sphere parts of the vehicle are imported from another country and are assembled in another country. If you want to assemble an EV car in Japan then you must go for automotive translation services. This translation service will help you in assembling the car without any difficulty.
Fuel Cell Electric Vehicle and Battery Electric Vehicles and their Future
Fuel cell electric Vehicles and Battery electric vehicles are the talks of the town because of the hike in fuel prices. Countries like Japan and South Korea are of the view that the future of the automotive industry lies in hydrogen fuel. However, China is making emphasis on battery electric vehicles.
To understand the views of these three countries, technical translation services can be of great help to you. One of the leading NEV manufacturers such as Tesla has taken the China NEV market to the top by achieving 50 percent of the market share this year.
If you compare fuel-cell electric vehicles with battery-electric vehicles then you will come to know that fuel-cell electric vehicles give more advantages because of the favorable infrastructure provided by different enterprises and governments.
On the other hand, an electric vehicle is ahead in terms of unit price and price of usage. The dynamics of both the technologies can be understood with the help of technical and engineering translation services.
Looking at the current macroeconomic conditions, to increase the use of fuel-cell electric vehicles, the automotive industry and governments of different countries need to take infrastructure initiatives.
To understand the difference of use between the fuel cell electric vehicle and battery electric vehicle, you must take the assistance of an automotive translation company.
The Emergence of BYD in the Japanese Electric Car Market
China’s BYD which is a giant Chinese automaker in Guangdong and Shenzhen provinces launched three electric cars in Japan. The names of these cars are Atto 3, Seal, and Dolphin. The Japanese electric car market is not so massive so let’s have a look at how BYD has made an entry into the Japanese electric market.
- BYD is not a new internet in Japan because it is already selling electric buses in Japan. Moreover, BYD’s good ties with the companies like Kansai Electric Power Company, Keihan Bus Company, and Toyota give it a thorough knowledge of the consumption patterns of Japanese people.
- It is providing better services in terms of fuel consumption and mileage.
- The Japanese government should help BYD to increase the number of charging points and charging stations. The main difference between China and Japan is that there are a large number of charging points and charging stations in China as compared to Japan. So it is required that Japan should invest in charging stations and charging points. For this reason, the Japanese government is providing subsidies so that people can open EV charging stations.
- The Japanese people have unique tastes in electronic products. For example, most people like to purchase iPhone SE. However, Japanese people like to buy smartphones with bigger screens. They have the same taste for vehicles. The Kei car category, which is the smallest car category, is very popular in the local market of Japan.
- Out of the three models that BYD launched in Japan, the Dolphin car is similar to the Kei car. Some of the reasons that Kia cars got popular in Japan are:
- Streets in major cities of Japan are narrow
- Parking space is limited
- In Japan, you will find many mountain roads
China EV Challenges and Opportunities
Opposite to traditional internal combustion engines, China is playing an important role in the NEV. At present, innovative technologies like electronic control systems, motors, and batteries are being developed in China.
It is very surprising that China’s NEV is dominating the global market immensely. China’s traditional and NEV companies strategically want to enter foreign markets and for entering the overseas markets, they should take the services of a translation services company to mitigate the communication barriers.
China, the US, and Europe are flourishing markers of EVs. The remaining part of the world is in the educational and learning phase. In this regard, NEV manufacturers should come up with a comprehensive strategy to tap into markets like Japan.
Cost is the main factor that plays an important part in the replacement of a previous vehicle. Chinese NEV makers should control the prices and try to manufacture the components of the car in the country.
Unlike other fields, the use of technology adaptation in the automotive industry is very important. Innovative features of the car, fuel efficiency, and affordability of the car will make people move towards fuel Cell electric vehicles and Battery electric vehicles.
To tap into Japan with NEV technology, you must take the assistance of professional translation companies so that people can adapt to the new technology easily.