Are you looking for ways to find someone on Twitter? In this article, we have discussed some easy methods to do so. We’re showing you everything you need to know, from various tools to incredibly detailed examples!
One of the best methods to connect with more people and enhance your social presence is by making new contacts on social media. In today’s time, Twitter is considered one of the most powerful social networking platforms. Apart from being used as a mini-blogging site, it also allows the users to connect with family members, friends, co-workers, etc., via the exchange of quick messages and short tweets.
Twitter has changed the concept of human ideas by allowing you to retweet posts, news, and short information on the platform. The site is used by the youngest teenagers and the biggest business tycoons. You will see all the biggest life events taking place on this platform.
In this article, we will primarily investigate how you can find someone on Twitter using the most effective ways and tools. At first, finding someone using their Twitter username was challenging, especially if you do not know the full name of the person you are looking for.
You do not have to worry about this anymore. Twitter has reintroduced the “Discoverability and Contacts” feature so that you can find people using their phone numbers or email addresses.
How Can You Find Someone Using Their Twitter Username/Handle?
Before we get into the main gist of this article, let us first learn how you normally find people on Twitter. As we know, the handle or username is a funny and short name that follows after the ‘@’ symbol; every profile has a unique Twitter handle.
The handle can be found under a user’s profile page. Of course, if you already have access to someone’s Twitter profile, then you would not need the handle in the first place.
If you want to know someone’s handle, the best way to do it is to ask for it simply. If you are looking for a well-known organization or individual, you can try to look for their Twitter handle on their main website or other associated social media pages. Once you manage to find the handle, you can easily find their profile page using any one of the methods mentioned below:
Searching on Twitter
Here is how you look for someone using their handle on the platform:
- Head over to the official Twitter homepage.
- Log into your Twitter account. If you do not have an account, you need to get done with the registration process first.
- Navigate to the upper-right corner of the screen. On the text box, type in the handle of the person you are looking for.
- You now need to select the right Twitter handle you see on the list. As mentioned before, all handles are unique; this means that if you have typed in the right one, you should see only one option.
Searching on Google
Using this method, you can look for Twitter handles on Google:
- The first step is to head to the official Google website.
- Next, you need to type down the handle on the search box.
- On the first page of the search result, you will find all the links related to the handle, like the homepage. Additionally, you will also see all popular tweets from that handle.
Now, there is a direct way of finding someone using their handle. You must head to Twitter and type in the handle without the ‘@’ symbol. However, you need to remember – this method will only work if the handle is accurate.
How To Find Someone on Twitter Via Their Phone Number?
Yes, you can easily find a person via their phone number on Twitter. Let us learn how you can do so on the Twitter mobile app:
- The first step here is to head over to Twitter and log into your account. If you do not have an account, you need to get done with the registration process first.
- Once you are logged into your account, you need to navigate to the top-left corner of the screen and tap on the Profile Icon.
- Now, you need to keep scrolling down. Click on the Settings and Privacy option once you find it.
- Next, tap on the Privacy and Safety option and then the Discoverability and Contacts option.
- You need to toggle on the Sync Address Book Contacts button. Once done, all the contacts from your phone book will be uploaded to Twitter daily.
- You also need to know that switching off this feature will not remove all the previously loaded contacts. Only the uploading of new contacts will be stopped.
- Once the Sync Address Book Contacts feature has been enabled, you need to open your Twitter account on your Google Chrome browser.
- Head over to the Discoverability and Contacts page.
- Tap on the Manage Contacts option.
- On the next page, you need to confirm the action to Remove all Contacts by typing in your password. Once done, click on the Confirm button.
- On the next page, you will find all the contacts from your phonebook that are registered on Twitter.
However, one thing you need to know about this method is that it will only work for users that have enabled the ‘Find Us Using Our Mobile Number’ option on the site. If a user has not enabled this option, you may not find them.
How To Find Someone On Twitter Via Their Email Address?
Apart from phone numbers, you can also look for someone on the site using their email address. The steps on how to do so on the Twitter web version include:
- Start your browser and head over to the Twitter website. Log into your account using your login credentials.
- Next, navigate to the top of the page and tap on the Discover option. Then, move the mouse to the left navigation menu and tap on the Find Friends option.
- Tap on the Search Contacts button; a new window will open asking for your email address and password.
- Next, you need to type in your email and password into the pop-up window and click on the ‘Grant Access’ or the ‘Agree’ option.
- Once done, you will be shown all the contacts that are on Twitter; additionally, you will also be provided with their email addresses.
- All you need to do now is find the email address of the person you are trying to find on Twitter. If the person is on the site, you can find and follow them.
- You will also be provided with the list of contacts who are not on Twitter. If you want, you can invite them via email.
Using Third Party Tools to Find Someone on Twitter
Several third-party tools can help you find someone on Twitter. In this article, we will only talk about SignalHire.
SignalHire is considered one of the best people-finding tools today that can immediately show you the person’s phone number, email ID, Twitter and Facebook profiles, etc. While marketers and recruiters primarily use this tool, it can also be used to find someone on Twitter.
Let us learn how you can use SignalHire to find someone’s Twitter account:
- Head over to the official SignalHire website. Download and install the Google Chrome/Mozilla Firefox extension.
- On the browser’s top-right corner, tap on the SignalHire extension. Once done, you will be redirected to a new page for the registration process, which is free and fast.
- Once the registration process is completed, you need to type in the phone number and email address of the person you are looking for. Then click on Reveal Contacts.
Once done, you will find almost every contact information for the phone number and email address that you have provided. You will see a Twitter profile link of the person as well as the other social media networks. You will also get additional information like the person’s place of work and home address.
You could look here for more ways to find a Twitter account. However, these methods are considered the easiest and most effective. With the help of these methods, you will be able to find almost anyone on Twitter. If you know about certain new methods or have any questions, you can drop them in the comment section below.