Metal nameplates are widely used in home appliances, machinery, electronic products, and other fields. They can also be used as metal labels on machines to ensure that equipment is used correctly. In addition, information for safety guidelines, asset tracking, or manufacturing data can be embedded in them.
The metals that are used often include iron, stainless steel, aluminum, zinc alloy, tin, copper, and more. The plates can be created through methods such as etching, printing, stamping, electroplating, drop plastic, wire drawing, and other processes.
You can have customized nameplates made and designed according to your specifications. Metal Marker Manufacturing provides more information about metal nameplates and how you can have yours made with custom specifications.
The Benefits of Using Metal Nameplates
There are many reasons you should consider using metal nameplates:
- Metal is strong, and if you need durable plates, metal is your best choice. You can choose from the many types of metal that are used for durability, such as stainless steel. Aluminum is also a cost-effective option if you want to have a metal nameplate made.
- They will survive in harsh environments and weather conditions. You won’t constantly have to replace the nameplates on your equipment, or the signage you use on your business.
- Metal is versatile and can be shaped into any size (oval, star-shaped) or in any way you want. It can be cut into small tags, or used as big signs.
- Metal nameplates have an aesthetically appealing quality, and they can be used in an aesthetically appealing way. You can use silvery materials such as zinc or stainless steel to manufacture your nameplates in a modern style.
- Metals can be marked in more ways than other materials. If you want embossed nameplates, metals can be stamped for embossed logos, contact information, and names. They can even be coated with resin, to give the plates a 3D look. You can also use other marking methods such as etching, laser marking, and digital printing.
Where Are Metal Nameplates Used?
Transportation equipment and vehicles usually need durable serial plates, nameplates, and identification plates. These can include airplanes, helicopters, boats, ships, trucks, and other equipment.
Construction and outdoor equipment need durable plates that will last in extreme weather conditions. These plates should also be able to survive exposure to industrial solvents and abrasive cleaners.
Companies need property tags to identify their assets such as tools and equipment, which can be misplaced or stolen. Self-adhesive metal tags are usually ideal for this situation.
Metal nameplates are also used for honor plates such as medals or trophies.
Metal Namplates for Signage
Signage is one of the main uses of metal plates, and include uses in the following ways:
- Horizontal and vertical signs used on the walls of shops for advertising. With vertical signs, the entire surface is used.
- Protruding signs can be used on buildings as advertising signs.
- They can also be used as fixed structures on the roof of a building.
- Public signs that convey important information.
- Navigation signs on roadways indicate directions and other important instructions to drivers.
- Signage that provides warnings to the public.
Metal nameplates are essential in business and widely used, as they can serve as important reminders to assist industries in complying with safety standards. They also have other important uses, such as identifying company equipment and protecting it against theft.
As a business owner or private individual, you can have customized nameplates designed according to your needs and specifications. Using metal nameplates is a worthwhile and long-term investment in your business.