Motorized automatic window shades are handy and come with zero hassle operation. These blinds are an excellent option in terms of safety, if you have kids and pets at home. Moreover, when you automate window sun shades, you can ensure optimal consumption of energy too.
So, needless to say, you can see that there are loads of benefits that automatic blinds can offer. But for that, you have to ensure that you buy the right one.
Numerous brands offer motorized blinds in the market today, but choosing the right one from among them can be a bit tricky if you do not know what to look for.
The right automatic window shades are durable and will give you years of service, so make sure to look for these 6 essential things while buying them.
1. Robustness – The motor’s durability is the first thing to look out for in an automatic window blind. Depending on the quality of the motor and the number of windows up for treatment, the cost can increase.
But opting for a good quality motor will make the blind last for many years, and thus, it will be a worthy investment. Check out the warranty of the motor- it should be at least three years or longer. Some companies even offer a lifetime warranty on their product.
2. Customer support – If you are using automatic blinds for the first time, then there are chances that you might have problems with them. Having a good customer support team would ensure that you will get the necessary support for using the product rightly. Go for a company that offers exemplary after-sales service. You can read online reviews and do some research before making the purchase.
3. Compatibility – Ensure that the motor you are buying is compatible with your blinds and shades. There are different window coverings available, and all of them might not work perfectly with all motors. So checking the compatibility of the product is an absolute necessity.
4. Controller – Ensure that the motor will work fine with your smartphone or home automation system. Without proper integration and compatibility, you will not be able to control the blinds from anywhere and everywhere.
Also, check if the remote device works well with the motor. While checking the warranty of the motor, do not forget to learn about the warranty of the remote device.
5. Noise – Opt for noiseless or low-sound operating units. You can ask for a demonstration before buying to understand the level of noise the motor will make.
6. Power source – Different types of motorized blinds come with different power sources. Some automatic blinds are battery-powered, while the others are powered through solar energy.
You would also find automatic blinds operated by plugging into an AC power source, and there are hard-wired automatic blinds. Depending on your preference and budget, choose the one suiting your needs.