Okuma has unveiled a new bridge mill CNC machine – the M8-80V.
The management team of Okuma America Corporation is pleased to announce an expansion to its robust line of CNC metal cutting machines with the debut of a new bridge-style machining center – the MB-80V.
This new product offers extreme machining flexibility due to its uniquely-combined vertical and double-column machining capabilities.
The sophisticated design of the MB-80V is based on Okuma’s industry-leading double-column machining center platform, complete with moving table functionality.
With this durable platform as a foundation, the Okuma product development team added an integrated vertical spindle to the design, making the MB-80V one of the industry’s few true bridge mill machines.
Other design features of the impressive MB-80V include:
- A large working table size to accommodate larger work pieces – 63” x 41”
- Compact footprint commands less floor space than similar models
- Two integrated spindle options: CAT40 BIG-PLUS /HSK63 or CAT50 BIG-PLUS
- Thermal controls throughout the entire machining process
- Cyclonic filtration system
- Smart ergonomic design allows for easy table and spindle access
These features afford a series of machining benefits including:
- minimized cycle times due to a combination of cutting capabilities within one bridge mill machine;
- easy access to key machining areas by the operator for quicker set-up times; and
- maximum production capabilities due to the performance of trusted Okuma machine spindle performance.
The MB-80V was designed in response to the market need for a high-performance, highly versatile CNC machine for applications most commonly found in die-mold, automotive, aerospace, and semiconductor industries.