JEE Mains examination is one of the popular competitive entrance examinations that helps students to pursue engineering degrees from the top institutions in the country like NITs or IITs.
Candidates who are able to crack JEE Mains and score well, get the opportunity to study under the premier engineering institutions in India.
That is why the JEE Mains examination is not an easy one to crack. Candidates have to work really hard and prepare for the exam extensively. You will need to improve your skills, Vedantu jee main 2020 solutions will help to prepare and score well in exams.
The second session of the JEE Mains 2020 exam will be held on 5, 7, 8, 9 and 11 of April and NTA has officially verified the dates.
The exam consists of two segments – Paper 1 that consists of a fully computer-based test, and Paper II is held part computer-based and also pen-and-paper.
Hard work and a lot of dedication are required to climb the ranking ladder of the JEE Mains exam. But there are certain tricks and tips that help you to prepare in a much smarter way. Take a look.
JEE Mains 2020 Examination Syllabus
The syllabus consists of three main subjects – Mathematics, Chemistry and Physics. Take a look at some below.
Mathematics (Marks: 100)
- Sets, relations and functions
- The complex number and quadratic equations
- Matrices and determinants
- Permutations and combinations
- Mathematical induction
- Binomial theorem and its simple applications
- Sequences and series
- Limit, continuity and differentiability
- Integrals calculus
- Differential equations
- Coordinate geometry
- Three-dimensional geometry
- Vector algebra
- Statistics and probability
Physics (Marks: 100)
- Physics and measurements
- Laws of motion
- Work, energy and power
- Rotational motion
- Properties of solids and liquids
- Kinetic theory of gases
- Oscillations and waves
- Current electricity
- Magnetic effects of current and magnetism
- Electromagnetic induction and alternating currents
Chemistry (Marks: 100)
- Some basic concepts in chemistry
- States of matter
- Atomic structure
- Chemical bonding and molecular structure
- Chemical thermodynamics
- Redox reactions and electrochemistry
- Chemical kinetics
- Surface chemistry
- Classification of elements and periodicity in properties
- General principles and process of Isolation of metals
- Principles and Process of Isolation of metals
- S – block elements – alkali and alkaline earth metals
- P – block elements Group 13 – 18
- D and F – block elements
- Co-ordinations compound
- Environmental chemistry
- Purification and characteristics of organic compounds
- Some basic principles of organic chemistry
- Organic compounds containing halogens
- Organic compounds containing oxygen
- Organic compounds containing nitrogen
- Chemistry in everyday life
So, this is the extensive syllabus of JEE Main 2020 examination. Candidates must note down the topic and chapters and prepare accordingly.
Important Tips For JEE Mains 2020 Exam
Some tips and tricks can really help you study more efficiently and make an effective plan for preparing for the JEE Mains examination 2020.
Manage time well – a really important and vital skill that you need to learn is time management. In order to score well in JEE Mains examination, you will have to attempt all the questions and ensure that is done within the allotted time.
When you manage your time well, you will not be in a great hurry to finish the questions and in the process carry out silly mistakes. Depending on the questions and kind of answers they require, you will need to spend specific time on them.
Know the syllabus – the syllabus of the JEE Mains is really extensive, as we have already mentioned. Candidates should know about all the topics from where the potential questions will be asked.
When the candidate is thorough with the syllabus, they can understand which questions are from the chapters and can attempt the majority.
Finish the existing topic first – it is really crucial that you prepare for one chapter at a time. Do not study a lot of chapters together. This will only create a mess.
Read and understand each chapter chronologically and then head to the next. This is going to help you understand each chapter in a well and effective manner without having to skip any of them.
For attempting all the questions that will come in the exam, you must be well aware of the content in the chapters of the syllabus.
Practice and solve question papers – to improve your knowledge and understanding of the different subjects that are in the syllabus, it is important that the candidates practice and solved question papers related to the JEE Mains exam.
This will not only help them to get familiar with the topics and question pattern but will also help them improve and work on time management.
So, these are the important tips that will surely help you to score well and perform efficiently in the JEE Mains examination 2020.