In the era of total humanization of business, it is hard to ignore a significant development of the idea of a deep insight into customers’ problems.
The more owners and developers go rooted in this concept, the more sense it makes. It is impossible to build a prosperous business without understanding your current and prospective customers’ needs and building strong B2C relationships.
By the time business starts to give the valid resolutions to clients’ problems, it is transformed into a win-win deal for both parties. And the customer relationship management systems, or CRMs, can become a perfect tool in this struggle.
Why CRMs Become So Popular?
The comprehension of customers’ choices and buying habits helped CRMs to be accepted by all businesses, ranging from start-ups and small firms to huge international companies.
Their popularity increased when custom CRM development allowed promoting retailing and selling processes by embedding into basic CRM systems the possibility of:
- managing contacts;
- tracking every sale;
- activating and recording phone calls;
- sending thousands of emails; and
- making video calls and countless other functions.
Moreover, some CRMs include features that allow leading projects, automating marketing processes, or building reports. Such useful properties of a custom CRM system are especially important for small businesses, which often cannot allocate large budgets on analysis and management.
Before we start discussing why custom CRM’s are better, let’s examine the CRM segment stats. It will help to clarify the significance of CRM for small businesses if you still want to throw that point into question:
- Each of three head industries, which include trade, technology, and business assistance use CRM;
- In the US, 90 percent of all companies employing 10 and more people apply a CRM system;
- In 2018, 13 percent of firms have invested in a CRM area, and they had an average investment return from CRM software about $8.71 per $1 spent; and
- The CRM software market is assumed to increase the revenue for about $50 billion in the next five years.
Custom CRM’s Advantages
It is hard to ignore the necessity of CRM in the current business world. However, it is not necessary to overpay for popular platforms. If it is necessary to manage processes in a small business, custom CRM will be enough to meet your goals. It becomes possible thanks to:
- Price. Most often, it is cheaper for owners of a small business to pay for the completion of the personal system than to pay a monthly bill for a platform in which half of the functions may not be needed at work.
- Ease of use. A small business rarely consists of complex processes. Visa versa, these are routine tasks that are easier to systematize and minimize by finalizing the CRM and making it more suitable for daily use.
- Report. An essential tool that should be added to track sales volumes and future forecasts. Not all free trials can provide this feature.
- Integration. This mechanism will significantly simplify the exchange of data between, for example, CRM and accounting databases.
So, it doesn’t matter what requirements you have; customization will help to create any system on the base of free CRM platforms that your business needs.