Fanuc, the world’s largest supplier of industrial robots, says its new robot “raises the bar” in collaborative technology.
Fanuc says its new CRX-10iA and CRX-10iA/L long arm version collaborative robots “set new standards in terms of ease of use, reliability and safety”.
Fanuc introduced the new collaborative robots at the 2019 International Robot Exhibition, in Tokyo, recently.
The company says it offers the widest range of collaborative robots that can handle products from 4-35 kg.
The new 10kg payload CRX-10iA and CRX-10iA/L provide a reach of 1249mm and 1418mm respectively.
Like the entire range of Fanuc collaborative robots, the CRX-10iA and CRX-10iA/L are designed with “sensitive contact detection”, which allows them to “work safely alongside people in a variety of industrial and manufacturing jobs”.
Fanuc says the new collaborative robots offer customers unique advantages, including:
- Safety rated contact stop detection like all Fanuc collaborative robots.
- Customers – even those with no experience using a robot – can set up the new collaborative robots straight out of the box;
- Ergonomic design includes a lightweight and compact arm that fits in virtually any floor space configuration;
- Easy to program and use.;
- A compact R-30iB Plus Mini Controller;
- Lead-though teach programming and a new tablet interface with icons for touch control – no programming knowledge required;
- The CRX-10iA/L arm’s swing motion makes it easy to access/grab parts located behind the robot;
- Easily connects with third-party grippers; and
- Supports Fanuc intelligent features such as integrated iRVision and iRPickTool software.
Fanuc adds that the new collaborative robots offer the “proven reliability” that customers expect from Fanuc.
The new CRX-10iA and CRX-10iA/L collaborative robots will be available in the second quarter of 2020.