Hitachi Vantara has launched Lumada Video Insights to enable the development of what it calls “smart spaces”.
Vantara, which is a subsidiary of Hitachi, says Lumada Video Insights is an end-to-end, intelligent and adaptable suite of applications that delivers operational safety and business intelligence using the internet of things, video, artificial intelligence, and analytics.
Lumada Video Insights complements and extends Hitachi’s Lumada platform and services ecosystem with expanded AI, computer vision, advanced analytics, data integration, and orchestration capabilities to help enterprise and industrial customers accelerate their IoT, initiatives and cultivate their own smart spaces and ecosystems.
With multiple customer success stories and increasing demand, Lumada Video Insights demonstrates significant momentum in what it says is “the emerging smart spaces industry”.
Combining the capabilities to collect, store, manage and analyze video data, Lumada Video Insights delivers valuable analysis and alerts to help organizations be more effective, efficient and secure.
Advances in computer vision and machine learning have enabled video to be a rich source of insights that provide operational and customer experience intelligence, as well as real time-situational awareness and alerts, enabling swift, effective and proactive responses to incidents, emergencies and customer issues.
With Lumada Video Insights, customers can gather data insights to improve planning and identify opportunities for cost and waste reductions as well as factors to improve operational excellence.
Key features of Lumada Video Insights include:
- IoT, video and historical data can be visualized geospatially and graphically in a single-pane-of-glass view;
- Video Analytics turns existing or new video data into a wealth of insights and real-time alerts thorough AI analysis;
- Video data storage and management solutions that ensure high volumes and rapid speed of foundational data is available, complete and fault-tolerant while simplifying the complexity of data management;
- Smart edge devices and video intelligence platforms gather data and insights from anywhere;
- Mine publicly available data from social media or the deep web for open source intelligence and awareness of brand-related conversations in target areas; and
- Enables data-driven decision-making about safety, operations, and customer experience.
Lumada Video Insights strengthens the Hitachi Vantara Lumada portfolio of data-driven applications, which is further supported by the company’s data integration, orchestration, storage and management offerings to provide end-to-end solutions and business value to customers around the world.
Brad Surak, chief product and strategy officer at Hitachi Vantara, says: “Smart Spaces innovation is a focus area for Hitachi Vantara as we continue to see a demand to use new and diverse sources of data blended with more traditional data to gain rich insights.
“With Lumada Video Insights, we are excited to expand our work with public and private organizations to transform how retail, government and transportation use data-driven intelligence to innovate and achieve greater outcomes.”
Hitachi Vantara works with its customers to deliver purpose-built, outcome-driven solutions that generate actionable insights to improve safety, operations and business intelligence.
Recent Smart Spaces customer successes include:
- City of Las Vegas (Nevada): Deploying Hitachi Smart Spaces in its Innovation District, the city tapped traffic, parking and passenger flow data to optimize operations. In one area, a spike of bike delivery activity was detected, highlighting the need for more bike lanes along delivery routes.
- City of Moreno Valley (California): This city has been using elements of Lumada Video Insights for several years, and has decreased crime, improved emergency response time in traffic, and has addressed a missing person case using the Hitachi technology.
- Tequila Intelligente (Jalisco, Mexico): This heavily-touristed home of the tequila industry is using Lumada Video Insights to gather foot and vehicle traffic data to enhance the visitor and citizen experience.
- Dallas Housing Authority (Texas): To keep residents safe throughout its properties, Dallas Housing Authority deployed Lumada Video Insights, including smart cameras with compute and storage to analyze and monitor video data.
Lumada Video Insights solutions are available for customers today, with global general availability for most of the portfolio, and limited availability for edge devices in some countries.