The BMW Group and Daimler AG are pooling their mobility services to create a new global player providing sustainable urban mobility for customers.
The two companies are investing more than €1 billion in total to develop and more closely intermesh their offerings for car-sharing, ride-hailing, parking, charging and multimodal transport.
The two companies’ mobility services have a combined total of over 60 million active customers to date.
The cooperation comprises five joint ventures: REACH NOW for multimodal services, CHARGE NOW for charging, FREE NOW for taxi ride-hailing, PARK NOW for parking and SHARE NOW for car-sharing.
· REACH NOW offers more than 6.7 million users direct access to a range of mobility services through a single multimodal platform.
The REACH NOW apps will offer a range of options for getting from A to B, allowing users to book and pay directly for public transport and various other mobility options, such as car-sharing, ride-hailing and bike rentals.
· CHARGE NOW is a service by Digital Charging Solutions GmbH (DCS) which makes public charge points quick and easy to locate, use and pay for, both at home and abroad.
Digital Charging Solutions GmbH develops simple, standardised access to public charge points for car manufacturers and fleet operators, with over 100,000 charge points across 25 countries.
· PARK NOW digital parking service offers users the best possible parking solutions at a glance, allows them to reserve parking slots and manage their parking times, and enables ticketless entry and exit in public garages as well as cashless payment of parking fees.
In Europe and North America over 30 million customers are already using the service in more than 1,100 cities.
· FREE NOW offers a variety of mobility services including taxis, private chauffeurs with rental vehicles and e-scooters. One of the largest ride-hailing services in Europe and Latin America, FREE NOW already serves more than 21 million customers and over 250,000 drivers.
· SHARE NOW is a free-floating car-sharing service that allows customers to rent and pay for vehicles by smartphone. Its fleet will now be extended to incorporate a wider range of models and increase market coverage. More than 4 million customers in total currently use the fleet’s 20,000 vehicles in 31 cities around the world.