Omron has launched its new NJ/NY-series NC Integrated Controller, which the company says “boosts productivity of processing machines”.
The NC Integrated Controller provides G-Code functionality and numerical control functionality, enabling high-precision complex profiling and increasing the production capacity of processing machines.
With changes in consumers’ needs and advancement of technologies, products with more diverse and complicated shapes and materials are now increasing while product lifecycles are becoming shorter.
Along with these changes, manufacturing sites are facing challenges of achieving more difficult processing at higher productivity rates.
The NC Integrated Controller provides both NC and PLC functionality and synchronizes the NC process and others at high speed.
This will help significantly increase the production capacity of the entire machine.
NC setting and G-Code programming are added to the Sysmac Studio which provides a true integrated development environment for configuration, programming, monitoring, and 3D simulations.
Omron says Function Blocks for NC make program structure simple, even for synchronization between the NC process and others, cutting development time.
Omron says the NC Integrated Controller will help manufacturers further improve the productivity of processing machines.
Omron lists the NC Integrated Controller’s key features as follows:
1. Minimize machine cycle time
- One controller integrating NC and PLC functionality executes programs for both PLC and NC within one control period, which enables processes to be synchronized with the cycle as you designed.
- Interlock time (wait time during communications) between the NC process and others will be significantly reduced to 1/4 as compared to when separate controllers are used. Cycle time of a processing machine that generates many interlocks can be reduced.
2. Simplify complex profiling
- Versatile NC functions including 3D interpolation and position compensation enable high-precision complex profiling.
- G-Code functionality allows NC programs automatically generated by CAD/CAM software to be imported into the controller. This significantly reduces the time to design and program complex profiling.
3. Minimize development time
- NC setting and G-Code programming are now added to a true integrated development environment (Sysmac Studio) for configuration, programming, monitoring, and 3D simulations. Programs for processing machines can be developed and debugged using one piece of software.
- Function Blocks for PLC functionality, motion control and NC make program structure simple, even for synchronization between the NC process and others.
- Intuitive user interface reduces configuration time.