Realtime Robotics, the leader in collision-free autonomous motion planning for industrial robots, today announced that it has teamed with Siemens to integrate its RapidPlan software with Siemens Process Simulate, in the company’s Tecnomatix portfolio.
This integration enables Siemens customers to utilize Realtime’s innovative robot motion planning and control software as a part of their regular workflow, without leaving Process Simulate.
Customers using the integration can easily visualize, prioritize and simulate robot task plans, and validate them through virtual commissioning. Support for servo weld guns has also been added.
Michael Schaubmayr, group manager, mechanical engineering simulation, at Valiant TMS, says: “The combination of Process Simulate with Realtime Robotics’ automated motion planning and interlocking has provided a significant improvement to our efficiency, reducing our off-line programming efforts by more than 80 percent.
“This presents to us a tangible and strategic advantage in the industry.”
Realtime Robotics RapidPlan software helps manufacturers design and deploy industrial automation faster and more efficiently. The programming, deployment and control of industrial robots is automated, autonomously generating and choreographing all robot movements.
Users create a digital twin simulation of their workcell and then simply point and click on robots and target points to create and visualize collision-free task plans, saving weeks to months of programming time per project.
With Realtime Robotics for Siemens Process Simulate, positions and waypoints can be updated without reprogramming; time-consuming manual tasks can be reduced with automated and collision-free interlock programming; and a massive reduction in programming time can be realized.
Key benefits of this integration include:
- Streamline Cell Commissioning – With RapidPlan, customers get paths that avoid collisions between robots and with other objects in the cell.
- Improve Decision-Making – Simple, straightforward logic is made possible by the software, making it easy to intuitively configure robots or optimize for cycle time.
- Quickly Evaluate and Validate Options – The need to undertake lengthy, laborious manual robot path validation is eliminated as RapidPlan quickly evaluates changes and validates available options.
- Work Directly in Siemens Process Simulate – There’s no longer a need to switch between programming and simulation programs. RapidPlan integrates with Process Simulate, and can run either on the same PC or in a separate environment.
- Automatic Viapoints and Interlocks – Process Simulate automatically records RapidPlan generated viapoints, removing the need for manual viapoint and interlock validation.
George Konidaris, co-founder and chief roboticist at Realtime Robotics, says: “Robot programming and task planning has been a time-consuming – and frankly, difficult – process for far too long. We founded Realtime Robotics to change that once and for all.
“This integration with Siemens will make it much easier for those using Process Simulate to eliminate collisions and quickly take robot task plans from simulation to reality.”