Mecademic Robotics, the Canada-based maker of a tiny industrial robot, is expanding into some of the largest robotics markets in the world.
The company has reached strategic agreements with new “value-added partners” which will enable it to grow into reginal markets in the US, Canada, France, Germany, and Australia.
As the global market continues to see increased demand for small industrial robot arms, Mecademic says it has increased its production capacity and regional presence to better serve its customers.
Mecademic describes its new partners – which are Allied Automation (USA), The Knotts Company (USA), Electromate (Canada), Pagès Group (France), LMZ (Germany), and Andrew Donald Design Engineering (Australia) – as “cutting-edge automation solution providers”.
Ahmed Mostafa, Mecademic’s director of sales and strategy, says: “We’re proud to count these automation solution providers amongst our partners. Their expertise benefits our customers, while their physical proximity allows for live demonstrations of our robots, which are unique to the market.”
- Allied Automation is a full-service distributor headquartered in Indianapolis, Indiana, USA. Thanks to Industrial Manufacturing Automation engineering expertise and partnerships with industry-leading brands, Allied Automation supports customer needs in the areas of PLCs, PCs, HMIs, motion control, robotics vision, safety light curtains & scanners, structural guarding, and work stations.
- The Knotts Company located in Berkeley Heights, New Jersey, USA, is an automation solution provider representing industry-leading manufacturers of industrial, automation, and robotics products. Knotts collaborates with customer experts to create higher-level solutions including technology, products, integration, machine-building, and other services for increasing performance, productivity, and profitability.
- Electromate, headquartered in Vaughan, Ontario, Canada, is a market leader in providing successful solutions for the Industrial Automation industry. Known for its high-performance robotic and mechatronic solutions, Electromate has also been recognized amongst the Best Workplaces in Canada for multiple years running, and is a recipient of the Canadian Business Excellence Award for 2021.
- Pagès Group, based out of Foncine-le-Haut, France, is comprised of four brands: Polymac, Pagès, Pagès Medical, and Pagès Robotics. Pagès Group supplies complete automation solutions to professional plastic converters worldwide across a range of sectors, including industrial, food & beverage, cosmetic, and medical.
- Lenkering Montage und Zerspanungstechnik GmbH (LMZ) is based in Steinfeld-Mühlen, northern Germany. LMZ specializes in machine construction and machining technology. Their service portfolio includes process development, project planning and construction of turnkey assembly and test systems as well as linked production lines.
- Andrew Donald Design Engineering, located in Victoria, Australia, specializes in the design and building of turnkey automation systems. ADDE is a “full service” solution provider with extensive experience in implementing innovative robotic and automation solutions for the pharmaceuticals, food, and general manufacturing industries.
In addition to expanding its vendor network, Mecademic says it has had “sustained rapid revenue growth” thanks in large part to an increased demand for its robotic arms.
Earlier this month, Mecademic received Deloitte’s Technology Fast 50 Award. The award “recognizes the world-class achievements of Canadian technology companies, highlighting their commitment to innovation, continued resilience amid a global pandemic, strong leadership, and rapid revenue growth”.