As of 2022, According to Statista, retail e-commerce sales crossed 5.2 trillion dollars U.S. dollars globally. This surge is seen post Covid-19 pandemic and continues to expand further.
Let’s be clear, in order to conduct any type of e-commerce operations, businesses use online marketing tools to market their products to generate leads and sales.
Various tools can be used for different purposes, but when it comes to selecting a full-fledged social media platform, having said that, we found Telegram as the most effective social media platform that has a link with your e-commerce success.
Since multiple untapped features are paramount and few people know about them. No worries, this article will cover the essential points to help you start your journey. So, without wasting any time. Let’s get straight into it.
Why is Telegram a great medium for e-commerce success?
Utilizing Telegram allows you to tap into a vast target audience. For instance, approximately 12% of the global population above 16 years old actively uses Telegram.
This count highlights a significant opportunity for businesses to fill the gap and offer potential customers their favorite products online. This app has 2 modes of communication, public and private channels, enabling e-commerce startups to extend engagement rates to a broad audience within different regions.
The channels have no limit on the number of subscribers they can have, offering freedom to market their products and services. Think about the people you want to address; the more you are customer oriented, the more you build trust and become customers’ only choice.
AI has revolutionized the IT sector in each domain. You just name the field, you will absolutely find the AI involvement within for unique and seamless performance. Chatbots in Telegram rank among the top marketing tools known for their effectiveness in automating customer service.
They streamline customer support processes and provide round-the-clock assistance to their customers. By leveraging chatbots, e-commerce companies can address common questions, manage timely order updates, and deliver personalized recommendations.
The personalized suggestions are great for promoting harmony among buyers and sellers. You’ll have to satisfy your customers and get ratings to expand further. This is only possible when you are devoted to providing the best service.
Using Telegram for sales
Since the company’s primary goal is to generate profits. You will be one of many who use Telegram for e-commerce marketing; most companies have already integrated this app into their operations for selling products and services.
The most significant sales volume on Telegram worldwide comes from the Chinese goods segment, surpassing $12 million. Moreover, businesses in digital equipment, consumer loans, apparel and shoes, and sports also have promising opportunities to sell their offerings through Telegram. Don’t worry about the security features; they are top-notch and proven to be foolproof.
Advantages you get using Telegram for e-commerce development
- End-to-end encryption: Telegram prioritizes user privacy and ensures an encryption system to ensure the safety of personal information, including sensitive data like banking details. In fact, the platform showed confidence in its encryption that developers offered a substantial $300,000 reward to anyone who could successfully breach its security measures. But it didn’t happen.
- Customizable Bots: Unlike other messaging apps, this application has built-in chatbots as they can hold basic conversations. If you don’t want to use ordinary bots, you can modify or create them as per your requirements and enjoy the utility of handling various tasks.
- No Phone Number Required: Some users may hesitate to share their phone numbers to access your channel. Luckily, Telegram doesn’t require phone numbers for contact. You can add users using their app nickname or QR code, ensuring secure and seamless communication.
- Cross-Device Accessibility: If you love to link your social media accounts with each other, it’s a great feature that will empower you to make cross-device accessibility. Your data is securely stored in the cloud, allowing you to connect the same account across multiple devices.
- Unlimited Video Capabilities: Unlike WhatsApp, Telegram imposes no size or time limitations on the media you share, including videos. The flexibility is fantastic and transforms Telegram into an effective video marketing channel that showcases your products without any restrictions.