Applied Robotics has launched its first comprehensive family of tool changers.
The Epsilon family of tool changers incorporates the best features and benefits of three previous generations of ARI tool changers with added functionality and enhancements.
The Epsilon Tool Changers are available in a wide range of payloads from 10 kg to 1,500 kg.
Applied Robotics vice president and director of engineering, Stefan Casey says: “This is an evolution of the Applied Robotics Tool Changer.
“Our cam locking mechanism design has stood the test of time and is proven to provide superior reliability and performance. In fact, we are so confident in our locking mechanism that we offer a lifetime guarantee.”
Casey continues, “Incorporation of additional safety features, the increased need for a broad spectrum of automation applications, and customer feedback were primary considerations in the design of the Epsilon Tool Changers.”
New features and benefits include:
- Improved size to payload ratio;
- Minimal required maintenance provides a low cost of ownership;
- Utilizing high strength materials;
- Cam locking mechanism featuring a multi-profile and self-centering cam design with a mechanical locking feature to ensure that the Robot Adaptor and Tool Adaptor remain connected in the event of loss of power or air;
- High Resistance to torsion loads provided by coupling design allows the tool changer to maintain rotational repeatability and perform like new throughout its lifetime;
- Couple/Uncouple sensing available on all models;
- Improved flexibility with a direct robot bolt pattern design to limit the need for adaptor plates; and
- Compatible with existing Applied Robotics modules.
“We are excited to unveil the new Epsilon product line; which represents the culmination of several years of engineering research, development and testing.”