One of Germany’s leading metal-working events, EMO, has opened today amid news of greater investment in the sector, as well as a greater emphasis on “smart” technologies – which usually refers to higher levels of automation and digitalisation.
Organisers claim EMO to be “the world’s leading metalworking trade fair”, and had a line-up of prominent figures for the launch, including:
- Andreas Scheuer, Federal Minister of Transport and Digital Infrastructure;
- Lower Saxony’s First Minister Stephan Weil;
- Member of the Board of Management of Deutsche Telekom Adel Al-Saleh;
- Cecimo President Dr Roland Feichtl; and
- EMO General Commissioner Carl Martin Welcker.
EMO lasts for six days, and is located in the northern German city of Hannover. [Read more…] about Metalworking event EMO opens amid news of greater investment