Misty Robotics has started shipping the second version of its small robot to the company’s backers.
Writing on the company’s blog, Ian Bernstein, founder and head of product, says: “Misty has already begun to land on doorsteps and she’ll continue to be delivered in the coming weeks. If you’re a backer, keep an eye out.”
Some of Misty’s capabilities will be complete and ready-to-go upon arrival while other software updates will be rolling out in the coming weeks.
Some capabilities will be available the day Misty arrives on the doorstep. They include:
- Facial detection and recognition: Misty knows when there is a human in its presence and can learn who that person is.
- Expansive field of view: Misty can view wide areas from a stationary position.
- Mobile sound localization: Misty is able to identify the direction of and turn towards its human upon receiving directions after its activation.
- Image and graphic display: Misty can share images and graphics on its face/screen.
- Audio playback: Misty can play back audio files as a part of a skill.
- Voice integration: Ability to integrate with NLP services.
The partially complete capabilities include spatial awareness, video capture with a single 10-second video, and 3D mapping / SLAM integration.