Join us for this important webinar, explaining how new innovations in 2D safety LiDAR are opening up new possibilities for Autonomous Mobile Robots, or AMRs.
Webinar: Navigating Mobile Robotics with 2D Safety LiDAR
Date: August 19, 2019
Time: 11:00 am in Eastern Time (US and Canada)
Presented by Tyler Glieden, product manager at SICK, one of the world’s leading sensor suppliers, this presentation will explore some of those innovations and how they can enable more intelligent and productive AMRs.
The world of 2D safety LiDAR is changing. These sensors are no longer used solely for stopping a machine in the presence of a person or object.
Innovations such as high-quality measurement data, contour detection fields, and simultaneous field monitoring can be used to produce more intelligent and productive machines while maintaining a high level of safety.
2D safety LiDAR is not only expanding in terms of functionality but also in the application scope. SICK has developed the world’s first 2D safety LiDAR rated for outdoor use. This enables automated operations to be extended outdoors and in between buildings.
- 2D safety LiDAR has evolved dramatically in the past 2-3 years.
- There are new innovations in LiDAR aimed to enable more intelligent and productive autonomous mobile robots.
- Outdoor 2D safety LiDAR was previously not possible but now is.
- What factors should be considered when selecting 2D safety LiDAR for an application?
- What standards can help guide someone looking to apply 2D safety LiDAR?
- How can one determine what Performance Level is required for an application?
- How can it be verified that the required Performance Level is met?